On a beautiful summer night, Katherine F. and her 9-year-old daughter, Victoria, went to a local car wash in Sacramento to vacuum their car. While her mom was cleaning the car, Victoria got out of the car and walked around. She walked a few feet from the car and grabbed a light pole. As soon as she grabbed the pole, Victoria was killed instantly. An autopsy later revealed that she had been electrocuted by the light pole. The case settled shortly before trial for $1,300,000, one of the largest wrongful death settlements for a minor child in Sacramento County.