Wrongful Death: Elder Abuse Lawyer
The death of a loved one is never an easy experience to handle. No matter the circumstances surrounding the person’s passing, there is always a great deal of emotional, mental and financial strain placed upon surviving family members. However, when an elder passes unexpectedly, for reasons that were entirely preventable, there is a level of frustration and anger that surpasses the normal grieving process. If you have lost a loved one who was placed in the trusted care of a nursing facility, you undoubtedly are probably wondering:
- How could this happen?
- Who is responsible for this accident?
- Do I have legal options against the nursing home?
- Should I contact an attorney?
How Our Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Can Help
At the Demas Law Group, P.C., we empathize with your present situation and understand the feelings you are experiencing. Over our two decades of practicing personal injury law, we have assisted many families throughout California obtain the justice and compensation they deserve through wrongful death claims. While such cases cannot undo the terrible damage done to the deceased or your family, it can most certainly help alleviate any present financial burdens created by your loved one’s untimely passing and bring about a sense of closure. Depending on the circumstances, your family may be entitled to significant compensation for anyone of the following:
- Medical bills
- Funeral costs
- Therapeutic bills
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
But don’t delay. While you have the option to pursue legal action now, there is a time limit. This is known as the statute of limitation and in the state of California you have a small window in which to file before it becomes too late. Contact the Demas Law Group, P.C., today and start the process today. Call (916) 444-0100 to schedule a free case consultation with one of our wrongful death attorneys.
Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer: Causes of Wrongful Death
Unfortunately, despite going against everything that they stand for, wrongful deaths are quite common in our nation’s nursing homes. So frequent in fact, that we have devoted a section of our personal injury practice to holding those at-fault facilities accountable for their actions. The following are some of the more common factors that play a role in nursing home wrongful death cases:
- Physical assault – It is a sad fact that hundreds, if not thousands, of nursing home residents must endure serious physical abuse each year. Should the abuse reach a critical level, it could cause sudden death and leave the facility liable.
- Poor nutrition or dehydration – Individuals living in nursing homes are usually there for one major reason – they need round the clock care and attention. If a resident dies because food or water is not properly administered, the facility in which they live must be held responsible.
- Unsanitary conditions – As anyone who has visited an underfunded or understaffed emergency room can tell you, a person’s condition can rapidly deteriorate if they are exposed to filthy surroundings while under medical treatment. Nursing homes are no different, with bacteria, insects, mold and other biological hazards being a threat to life and limb.
Our Elder Abuse Lawyer & Nursing Home Neglect Attorney Cares
At the Demas Law Group, P.C., we know how much family means and utterly devastating it can be to lose a loved one unexpectedly. If you have suffered a loss such as this, due to a nursing home’s negligent actions, give our office a call today to discuss your legal rights and options in a free case consultation. The number to dial is (916) 444-0100.
This literature may be considered attorney advertising or an offer of professional services, according to rule 1-400 Rules of Professional Conduct by the State Bar of California. The information does not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your potential legal matter.