Can I file a wrongful death claim if I’m under 18?

In most cases, a claim must be filed by an adult – either a parent, step-parent or guardian. However, if you are under 18 and the sole surviving family member, you may be permitted to file the case yourself, although the court may choose to appoint a guardian instead. If you are a minor thinking about filing a wrongful death suit, contact Demas Law Group, P.C., and one our personal injury attorneys can explain your legal options free of charge.

Posted in: Wrongful Death