Anyone who caused the accident can be held liable, although different laws may apply to each case. That’s one reason why it’s important to choose a full-service personal injury law firm such as Demas Law Group, P.C. Liable parties in bicycle accidents include:
- Negligent drivers who are found to be fully or partly responsible for the accident.
- Negligent manufacturers, retailers or distributors of bicycles can be sued for selling defective products.
- Negligent repair shops can be held liable for shoddy repair work that caused an accident.
- Negligent city, county or state agencies responsible for maintaining safe roadways can be sued if poor maintenance or design caused the accident.
- Negligent property owners may be liable if improperly maintained property caused the accident.
Posted in: Bicycle Accidents