I was in a car accident in California while visiting from out of state. I was driving a rental car. What should I do?

If you’re an out-of-state driver who has rented a car and then been involved in an automobile accident, things can get complex in a hurry. If it is an injury accident, the police must be contacted by law. Most major rental car companies have specific procedures for reporting all accidents in their contracts. Financial liability is determined by what caused the accident. If the other driver is at fault, then he or she is legally responsible for the damages. In some cases, the rental car company itself may be found at fault due to improper vehicle maintenance. Such cases are adjudicated in California and often involve several insurance companies, so it can be important to obtain advice from an experienced car accident attorney at Demas Law Group, P.C.

Posted in: Car Accidents