Your main responsibility as our client is to follow your attorney’s and health care providers’ advice. Keep these tips in mind while you are recovering from your injuries:
- Seek immediate and adequate treatment for your injuries and focus on healing
- Keep track of your day to day health complaints, injuries, change in lifestyle and improvements
- Stay honest with your treating doctor about your injuries and symptoms
- Reveal all of your complaints of pain, discomfort and difficulties to your doctor
- Keep a list of all doctors, hospitals and therapists who have treated you
- Keep a list of prescriptions and medicines you have taken
- If your treatment is not helping, ask your doctor and attorney for advice
- Retain receipts for special expenses you incurred as a result of your accident, such as prescriptions, extra help at home, costs of transportation, lost income, etc.
- Take photographs of all your injuries (bruises, cuts, burns, scars, casts and bandages)
- If you have it, use your health insurance for treatment
- Take responsibility for your unpaid bills and charges by making payment arrangements, providing health insurance information request, or arranging for treatment on lien if necessary (call us to ask about this)
- Don’t let medical bills go to collections
- Don’t communicate with anyone on the facts of your case and don’t give statements to insurance companies
- Ask us questions if you don’t understand the legal process
- Give our legal team a copy of all documents received in the mail, such as health insurance information, letters, bills, etc.
- Let us know about changes in your life, changes in your medical condition, treatment, contact information, etc.
- Notify us when you have completed treatment for your injuries
- Do not post any comments or videos on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. regarding your accident/injury and condition.
- Please keep in mind that after a claim is filed it is ultimately your decision whether to accept or reject a settlement offer or proceed to trial. Although your attorney can guide you, you have the responsibility to make the final decision.
- Once you have made the decision to file a lawsuit, it is your responsibility to follow your attorney’s instructions for how to prepare for trial.
Posted in: After You Hire An Attorney