If you have a family member or loved one who was killed in a motorcycle accident through partial or no fault of their own, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Sacramento. Compensation in wrongful death lawsuits is similar to other personal injury lawsuits, but also includes the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Financial support that the deceased would have contributed during either the life expectancy of the victim or the claimant, whichever is shorter.
- The loss of gifts or benefits that the claimant would have expected to receive from the victim.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- Any household service the deceased may have provided to the claimant.
- The loss of the deceased’s love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection and society.
- The loss of the enjoyment of sexual relations, if applicable.
- The loss of the training and guidance of the victim, if applicable.
Wrongful death lawsuits are extremely complicated, so you should seek out a full-service law firm like Demas Law Group, P.C., which has extensive experience winning such cases for clients.
Posted in: Motorcycle Accidents