Top Rated Sacramento Car Accident Lawyers
Being injured in a car accident can seriously complicate your life, even if it was no fault of your own. First of all, there’s the pain and suffering, and wondering how long it will take to completely heal—or if you will ever completely heal. Then, you think about repairing or replacing your vehicle, and whether the insurance company gives you a fair settlement. And all this time, your medical bills are piling up and you might be unable to work because of your injuries. On top of it all, the insurance companies are dragging their feet and you’ve got a mortgage payment looming. Of course, you feel alone and helpless, who wouldn’t?
The truth is, you’re neither helpless nor alone.
Sacramento’s Demas Law Group, P.C. has been successfully representing injured Northern California residents for nearly 25 years. We can help you get adequate compensation for your injuries, your financial burdens, and your property losses. Call a Sacramento car accident lawyer at Demas Law Group, P.C. today at (916) 444-0100 to schedule a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I need to hire a lawyer after a car accident?
A. That depends on the amount of damage done and the extent of your injuries. If the accident only caused property damage and the guilty party is adequately insured, hiring an attorney is probably not necessary. If your injuries are minimal and won’t cause you extensive medical costs or to miss work, then hiring an attorney isn’t crucial if the guilty party is adequately insured. However, is you’ve suffered serious injuries that will cause you to miss work or require an extensive recovery period, you must seek the representation from a qualified personal injury attorney.
Q. What will a car accident attorney cost me?
A. Representation by Sacramento’s Demas Law Group, P.C. will cost you nothing upfront. We have a “no recovery, no fee guarantee.” This means that if we don’t recover any losses on your behalf, you pay no fees.
Q. How will you determine who is at fault for my accident?
A. The attorneys at Demas Law Group, P.C. are skilled traffic accident investigators. We will look at police accident reports, doctor’s notes, weather and road conditions, take pictures of your injuries and the damage to your car, visit the accident scene, and even recreate the accident if necessary.
Q. What types of compensation can I receive after a car accident?
A. Depending on the extent of your injuries and property damages, you may be eligible for compensation for any of the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Household and vehicle modifications if necessary—wheel chair ramps, etc.
- Permanent injury or disability
- Mental anguish and emotional duress
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Property loss or damage
- Loss of joy of life
Here Is the Process at A Glance
Step 1: Free, no obligation consultation
- We are available 24/7
- Call or email us
- We will discuss your case free of charge
Step 2: You ask us to represent you
- We investigate your case and file any necessary lawsuits, paperwork, etc.
- You get the legal and medical assistance you need
- You have no out of pocket expenses
Step 3: Verdict or settlement
- We go to trial or negotiate a settlement
- Settlement: You get paid — Successful verdict: You get paid
- You pay no fees unless we win
How Insurance Companies Calculate Property Damage Settlements
There are a variety of factors an insurance company uses to calculate a property damage settlement. Usually, you will be paid the current market cost of the parts and labor needed to repair your vehicle. If it is determined that the cost of repairing your vehicle is greater than the vehicle’s value, the insurance company will consider it a “total loss” and pay you for what the vehicle is estimated to be worth. The minute you drive a vehicle out of the dealer’s lot it begins to depreciate in value, so don’t be surprised if the settlement offered is far less than what you spent on the vehicle.
The amount of a settlement is also governed by the insurance policy limit of the at-fault driver. If the policy has a cap of $20,000 and the cost of repairs or replacement is $30,000, the insurance company is only liable to pay $20,000. In such a case, you may either sue the other driver for the difference or get it from your insurance company if you have underinsured motorist coverage.
Calculating Your Sacramento Personal Injury Settlement
In a personal injury claim, there are several factors for determining what your claim is worth. In general, it is the total sum of all the costs of your injury. This will include:
- Medical bills: This includes medication, surgeries, hospital stays, physical therapy, etc.
- Future medical bills: This includes any medical treatments anticipated as a result of your injury.
- Lost wages: This will include all the money you didn’t earn because your injury kept you from doing your job. It will also include any time you miss work for doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, etc.
- Future lost wages: This is the estimated amount of income you will lose in the future as a result of your injury.
- Diminished earning capacity: This is the estimated amount of income you might lose if your injury prevents you from working in your field or limits the work you can do.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is an estimate of how the injury has traumatized you in general. Factors used to estimate pain and suffering include physical pain, stress, emotional turmoil, disruption of lifestyle, loss of enjoyment of life, etc.
Choosing a Sacramento Car Accident Attorney
There are many arenas of law, and different attorneys specialize in different aspects of these arenas. When choosing an attorney to represent you in a car accident and/or personal injury claim, you should consult with a lawyer who has successfully handled similar claims before. Sacramento’s Demas Law Group, P.C. has handled many personal injury and vehicle accident claims and has won their clients millions of dollars in compensation.
To see some of our case results, click here.
Contact Us Today
Being involved in a car accident can be very stressful for you and your family. Your job is to concentrate on healing and getting your life back to normal, while we take care of your claim. Call the Demas Law Group, P.C. today for a free consultation at (916) 444-0100.
Amy C.’s Story
Chad C.’s Story
Ken M.’s Story
Attorney Review, Car Accident Case
Mr. Demas is an excellent attorney. I am really thankful for all he did for me. After my car accident, I was not able to return to my job that I held for 18 years. I love my job. During this difficult time in my life I relied on Demas Law Group to help me with the process of litigating my case and achieving some sense of justice. I felt I can trust Mr. Demas and I just knew he had my best interest in mind. The services provided by Mr. Demas and his legal team were first-rate, especially due to the severity of my injury. I am very appreciative of everything they did for me and my family.