The Demas Law Group, P.C., is known as a Business with a Heart. We support the Sacramento SPCA, donating time and money to help rescue shelter animals in our community. In fact, many of our staff members have rescued their own pets! The team at the Demas Law Group is happy to shine the spotlight on one of Sacramento’s finest non-profit organizations:
What is the SPCA?
For over 100 years, the SPCA has been working to reduce pet overpopulation as well as promote the humane treatment of animals. How do they do this? Firstly, they offer affordable spay/neuter services to help keep unwanted animals off the street. Secondly, they offer education and outreach programs to assist pet owners. These programs are designed to keep pets and their families together.
The mission of the Sacramento SPCA is to “foster a loving and compassionate community for animals and people by providing assistance, creating lifelong relationships, and saving lives.” As an independent, local non-profit organization, the Sacramento SPCA relies on the generous support of the community to help care for more than 11,000 animals every year.
How Can I Donate?
If you want to help animals in your local Sacramento community find a loving and permanent home, there are many ways you can help:
- Donate Online, by Phone or by Mail – We offer several quick and easy ways to make a one-time or recurring gift, including online, by phone or by mail. Your generous donation will help provide food, medicine and housing to a homeless shelter animal. We happily accept gifts of all amounts and types, including cash, publicly traded securities or personal valuables. You can also choose to dedicate a brick or a commemorative wall tile
- Become a Member – As a member of the Sacramento SPCA, you will join a team of compassionate and driven individuals who are dedicated to helping pets in crisis and end pet overpopulation
- Memorial/Honorarium Donations & Planned Giving – When you want to honor someone, whether it is for a birthday, special occasion, memorial or anniversary, consider helping a shelter animal as well. The recipient will receive a card featuring a shelter animal the donation helped save. You can also list the Sacramento SPCA as beneficiary of your will or other estate plan
- Paws for Health – Many of the animals coming into our shelter are sick and require veterinary attention and rehabilitation time. Help transform the lives of some our neediest animals by donating for special, urgently needed veterinary care.
- In Kind Wish List – Rather than giving money, you can donate supplies and items for the animals in SPCA care
- For Pets Sake Collection Boxes – Money raised from this program is used for the important We Pay to Spay and Paws For Health programs
- Kuranda Dog Beds – Kuranda offers a generous Donate a Bed program that enables givers to donate beds for dogs at the Sacramento SPCA at 30-35 percent off regular retail prices
The Sacramento SPCA offers shelter animals a second chance at life, including finding a loving and permanent home. Through the generous donations they receive, they are able to reach and rescue more animals.
Business with a Heart
Business with a Heart is a special annual membership program that shines the spotlight on the compassion and corporate citizenship of the Sacramento SPCA’s generous business partners. As a Business with a Heart, the Demas Law Group, P.C., gladly gives to the SPCA to help them reach their 100-year old mission in the Sacramento community of stopping pet overpopulation and helping shelter animals find permanent and loving families. Please visit the Sacramento SPCA’s website for more information about helping shelter animals in your community.