At Demas Law Group, P.C., we are excited to be a finalist in the Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work 2014” competition! This competition is held annually and recognizes businesses that have a reputation of a great work culture and of focusing on employee support and promotion.
Demas Law Group, P.C., is honored to be chosen as a finalist in this important event. Results will be announced on October 23, 2014.
Why Is Demas Law Group, P.C., A Great Place to Work?
Great work environments do not happen by accident. Everyone in the workplace must be willing to contribute in order to create a friendly and supportive environment for all workers. At Demas Law Group, P.C., we are fortunate to have people working in every sector of our firm that believe in supporting each other and making the workplace culture great for all employees.
We have focused our efforts on several areas that we believe are important in keeping a positive work environment, including:
- Supporting a culture of collaboration. We believe in a strong work ethic and supporting each other in our daily routines. Instead of looking for reasons to compete with or “punish” other employees, our employees work together to support each other in their daily jobs. It is not uncommon to hear someone ask, “Is there anything I can do to help you with that job?” When you have that type of work culture, it is easy to stay positive.
- Empowering and rewarding employees. We believe that an ideal work culture focuses on empowering all employees. At Demas Law Group, P.C., we encourage creative engagement, and celebrate and reward employees’ achievements. It is a place where all employees know that they matter.
- Supporting good management. Companies take their orders from the top down, so good management is key. Not only do we have great managers, but we also focus on putting the right people in the right jobs. We ensure that the manager in each position is best suited for that job, so that he or she can handle the work required and successfully manage his/her employees.
- Supporting a work-life balance. While we all work hard, it is not all hard work at Demas Law Group, P.C.! We also support each other in balancing the needs of life with the needs of work. While we have all stayed late on occasion, we all encourage each other to take time off when needed and to engage in healthy and family-friendly activities. We believe that employees who balance work and life successfully will be better at their jobs.
- Supporting the local community. At Demas Law Group, P.C., supporting local communities is not just an occasional pastime. Our work culture is geared toward helping the greater Sacramento community in many different ways. For example, some of our employees, with the support of the entire office, have run in races or participated in fundraisers for various causes. The office as a whole supports many local non-profit organizations, and has launched its own program (the Green Apple Award Program) to recognize exceptional teachers with financial awards used toward purchasing classroom supplies.
Demas Law Group, P.C., is a great place to work, and we are excited that others are taking notice as well!